If you’re looking for a way to build an inexpensive but powerful and efficient pedal charger, you’ve come to the right place. When comparing bike generator plans, here are some things you may be wondering:
- How much will it cost to build?
- What tools will I need?
- How hard will this be to build?
- Where can I get all of the components?
- Will this bike generator be efficient?
- Will I have to take my bike apart? Can I still ride my bike when not being used on the trainer?
- Will this pedal generator require a battery to function?
- How noisy will this bike charger be to operate?
- What is the upper limit of watts this bike generator can generate?
Before I came up with my pedal generator designs, I looked at many of the plans you will find on the internet. Some plans are better than others, but I would argue the plans you’ll find here at Gene’s Green Machine are superior for the following reasons:
- Can be built for $130 US Dollars or less
- No welding required, can be built with tools you probably already have
- Possible to build without even soldering
- Is simple to build with clear instructions
- All components are readily available, no custom components or 3D printing required
- Built with highly efficient and durable permanent magnet RC motors
- Eliminates the need for a charge controller or voltage regulator by choosing a motor that will generate power in a very usable voltage range (10-15 volts), making this design even more efficient
- No need to modify your bicycle, so you can still ride it when not being used as a pedal generator
- Small footprint and easily stored
- No battery required to generate power
- This pedal charger is quieter than most designs – the brushless motor used in this design is the reason. No brushes to make noise or wear out.
- The RC motors used have an upper limit of over 1000 watts, and I have personally generated almost 400 watts using the bike trainer generator
You can find other bike generator plans (or even products for 100’s of dollars) on the internet, but look closely at all the details and I think you’ll find the faults with those designs and why the plans you’ll find here are well thought out and among the best options. Ready to get started? Go to the Bike Generator Plans!